Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 85 The Homestretch Begins

I have 15 days left of this challenge. Although the end of the challenge, will not be the end of my veganism,  I none-the-less want to have the greatest, most vegan-y 15 days I've had yet! 

But today kinda sucked.  I didn't really eat anything special or blog worthy.  But I will sit with some cookbooks tonight and plan out the next 15 days.  I promise good recipes and yummy new eats and insights.

Today I made whipped banana oats with a little twist.  I added 1 tsp almond extract and toasted, chopped almonds. 

It was DIVINE - tasted like marzipan!

I made some twig tea for a snack.  I also put a slice of ginger root in the bottom of my glass:

Kukicha Twig Tea is a great remedy for sugar cravings.  It is also low in caffeine, good for digestion (ditto the fresh ginger), lowers cholesterol, and one article I just read claimed it has 6 times more calcium than cow's milk.  Cool.  (PS: I strained it before I drank it)

Lunch was a salad.  Snack was apples, oranges and some nuts.  Dinner was just veggie stir-fry over brown rice.

We went away for the weekend up to the North of Israel.  You know, one of the reasons I moved here was to get away from the snow and cold.  Somehow I got convinced to go back to it this weekend.  However, there was a silver lining:  The best part of traveling, is that as in many families, where my job as Mom and Wife is to cook all the meals IN the house, my husband's job as Dad and MAN is to cook all the meals outside.  He stood out in the snow and bbq'ed me a vegan roast veggie feast!  It was yummy.

The rest of my weekend pictures are on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment