Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 86 Pick Up Sticks

Naw, no sticks.  I was just making a rhyme.

Lunch today was leftover Veg Stir-Fry with Brown Rice and a Spinach Salad.
Isn't that pretty?

Snack was Raw Brownies:


After that we all went to the gym and I cranked out a 5K on the Dreadmill.

Dinner was as follows:

Puree of White Bean Soup
1 onion, minced
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1 T olive oil
2 cups cooked white beans
1 large can crushed tomatoes
2 cups water
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp Hawaij for soup
1 tsp salt
lots of black pepper
as much cayenne pepper as you want (I use chipotle pepper which is smoked jalapeno)

Saute onions and garlic in oil.  Add remaining ingredients.  Cook 20 mins.  Cool a bit, then puree, either everything or half, depending on your texture preference.  Re-heat and serve.

and...

Pizza with Vegan Cheeze!

The recipe for the crust is here.
Then I topped it with tomato sauce and sauteed onions and peppers and...

Vegan Cheeze Sauce
1/2 cup cooked white beans
1/2 cup cashews soaked in 3/4 cup water
1 T tahina
1 T ground flax
3 T Nutritional Yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2-3 T sun-dried tomato pesto or pimentos or roasted red peppers

Blend it all in the blender or food processor.  Chill until ready to use.  Blop in blobs on cooked pizza.

Truthfully, I don't even crave cheese anymore, which is unbelievable really, but seriously true.  This pizza would have been just as good without it.  I will have to think of clever use for the leftover sauce...

PS:  I made 2 pies.  One was standard cheese pizza for the kids to split.  The second was 3/4 onions, peppers and bulgarit cheese for my big boy.  The last 1/4 I left vegan for me.  That's how it works out.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment