Today I woke up and drank my lemon water, followed by this:
For lunch I had leftovers from Shabbat: Tofu-Broccoli-Peanuts and Roasted Sweet Potatoes.
Snacks were hummus on brown rice cakes, (now that I'm logging this food for the whole world to see, I realize that not a day passes without hummus...), dried apple slices, and lots of herbal tea.
For dinner I made White Bean Soup with Rosemary & Sage and Foccacia with Sauteed Onions, Peppers, Garlic and more Rosemary:
Dig that fancy salad I made? Yes, it's just lettuce leaves! I mean, how many dishes can one person make on a workday, ya know?
I made a double batch of dough and made pizza for the kids (No picture of that though!). Just topped the dough with jar-tomato sauce and some grated cheese. Everyone was happy.
3 tsp active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 cups Bread Flour
2 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2 T olive oil
corn meal or wheat germ to dust the pan
1. Mix yeast with 1/2 cup wrist-warm water, Stir and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Mix flours, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
3. Mix in olive oil, yeast mixture and remaining 1 cup warm water.
4. Mix it all together with your hands until it forms a soft dough.
5. Knead on the counter for 5-8 minutes until smooth.
6. Lightly oil bowl, put dough back in a rotate so all sides are oiled. Cover with a dish cloth and place in a warm spot to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
Preheat oven to 200 C.
7. Punch dough down and knead for a few more minutes.
8. Split dough in half and roll out into 2 flat pans or pizza pans that have been lightly greased and sprinkled with corn meal or wheat germ.
9. Brush top of crust with olive oil
10. Top with sauce and cheese for pizza or with sauteed veggies* or herbs for foccacia.
11. Bake 20 minutes until golden and puffed.
*For one tray I sauteed 1 onion, sliced, 1 red pepper, sliced, 2 cloves chopped garlic and 1 stalk rosemary.
White Bean Herb Soup
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 bulb fennel, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 T olive oil
1 stalk rosemary leaves, minced
2 tsp dried or fresh sage
pinch saffron (optional)
2-3 cups white beans, cooked
about 6 cups water
Saute veggies in oil. Add everything else. Simmer 30 minutes until fragrant and thick.