Monday, November 16, 2009

Day 2 and feelin' groovy

Woke up hungry this morning!  Ready for another Holistic Health Coach tip?  You know how you always hear "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day?"  But then so many of my clients say "But I'm not hungry for breakfast!"  Often when that happens, it is because of a too large or too late dinner or late-night snacking.  Ideally, aim for your dinner before 7pm, (8pm latest), and then don't eat anything afterwards.  That way, you get a good 10-12 hour FAST each day to allow your body to assimilate the food you have eaten, form good stool, and then detoxify, rest and heal.  Then I bet you wake up hungry for breakfast too!

I was heading off to aerobics class this morning though, so I just had a banana and a cup of chai with almond milk.  After jumping around like a happy fool in aerobics for an hour, I sat on the grass of the club and ate this:



That's 2 little Hermon apples and an entire pomegranate.  So pretty!

I promised the kids we would go out for falafel when they got home from school at 3pm, so mid-way through the morning-afternoon, I needed another meal.

I am still eating leftovers of the Shabbos soup:  Veggies w/Mung Beans and Potatoes.



Then here is my falafel.  I was already in the middle of eating it when I remembered to snap the picture.  Sorry if that's kind of gross.  Falafel is just the tastiest dang thing.

After that I had a cup of coffee with soy milk and a few vegan cookies for dessert.

I'm totally stuffed, so will be skipping dinner tonight.  (We ate the falafel around 4:30pm)  The dinner I made for my family was vegan too:  Stir-fried veggies with rice noodles.  But I am too ensconced on the sofa at the moment to take a picture of it.  I'll snap it when I eat the leftovers in the days to come.

Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment