Sunday, September 26, 2010

Gone Fishin'

Today I am writing to you from an entirely different continent that usual.  I am currently visiting my folks in the United States of Amereeka, in honor of my mom's 80th birthday.

And the blog looks different too.  Ch-ch-ch-changes!  Don't get attached to it though, because the entire blog/website situation is in major FLUX.  I do not know how this chapter of my life will end, but I am goin' with the flow, baby.

Anyway, so one of the nice things about traveling is eating different foods and things not available in the place where you live, right?  So far, I have enjoyed:
Oatmeal with Almond Butter and Berries


A big old jar of unsweetened Almond Butter for only $8, sigh.


Kombucha Tea (with coveted copy of Christopher McDougall's Born to Run)

Tenpeh "Bacon"


Big, Fat Doughy Bagels

There has been pancake making with Grandma:


The finished product

There was also a very unfortunate run-in with a bag of Candy Corn, which I did NOT photograph!  Not exactly my best "wellness lifstyle" moment, but like I'm always telling you guys, the object is not Perfection.  Sometimes I mess up too.  And did you know that Candy Corn is made from SEVEN different types of sweeteners and very little else?  Well aint that good to know.

Anyway, it's beautiful autumn here in the Great Midwest and there's a lot more happening than just what goes into my mouth.


Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum in front of the Alexander Calder

Bowling and Sailing pictures coming soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment