Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Caesar Salad, Hold the Caesar

Today was class #3 of this round of my 30-Day Detox.  The participants have now been off of sugar completely for 2 weeks and off of wheat for one week.  Today we took out dairy.  Results of the detox are as wonderful as ever:

-Weight loss
-Drastically reduced appetite
-Cravings greatly diminished
-More energy
-Beautiful skin
-A proud sense of accomplishment and control

I love my clients.  They are beautiful people, inside AND out!


Today I served them lunch, as always.  We had Curried Tofu Scramble with Tomatoes and Spinach, Vegan Caesar Salad, and Quinoa.
This salad rocks my world and I share it today with you my readers.  Enjoy!

Vegan Caesar Salad
No chickens, anchovies, or cows were harmed in the making of this salad.  Lettuce and cashews however, were not so lucky...


½ head romaine lettuce

1 tomato, diced
6 very thin slices of red onion
2 T sliced black olives
Freshly grounnd black pepper
2 T Ranch Dressing, as follows

Ranch Dressing:
1 cup raw cashews, soaked a few hours or overnight and drained
1 date, soaked with cashews
1/2 avocado OR 1/4 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic
¾ cup water
2 T fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp sea salt
1 T minced fresh basil or 1 tsp dried
1 T minced fresh dill or 1 tsp dried

Place all in FP and blend until creamy.  Toss 2 Tablespoons with salad.  Add more dressing as desired.

And in some inane randomness...  

This is my Polar HRM and Trainer telling us all that I have just completed a 7.57mile run:

and that I torched 981 calories on this run...

enabling me to re-fuel with this:

Boo-yah!


No comments:

Post a Comment