Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 22,show me some love!


Elvis Oats

The same recipe for the whipped banana oats, found here, this time topped with 1/4 sliced banana, 1 T nautral peanut butter and 1 T cacao nibs.  Quite possibly the best thing I've ever eaten.



The Magic Leftovers Bowl

1/2 cup leftover brown rice
1 cup leftover black beans
1 handful fresh spinach
Nuke in micro for 60
Top with dollop of tofu sour cream
Healthy eating is easy when you have leftovers!



Fresh Orange-Grapefruit Juice

Isn't Mother Nature clever to bring us Vitamin C-rich citrus fruits in the middle of cold and flu season?

Then I spent like a jillion hours in the kitchen.  I'm not sure what I was thinking but I managed to pick the most-complicated-vegan-lasagna-in-the-world recipe AND I made mushroom-barley soup AND I made another soup (Brazilian Black Bean) for the class I teach tomorrow AND I made Millet Stuffed Peppers for the same class.

That was a lot of vegetable chopping!

I also now have serious dishpan hands.  "Relax, it's Palmolive!"  And WHY were they soaking their hands in dish soap? 

Lots of recipes tomorrow....tune in...

1 comment:

  1. EM - That's funny about the Palmolive. But seriously, after looking at those pictures, all I have going through my mind is the Mister Roger's song:

    Would you be mine?
    Could you be mine?
    Won't you be my neighbor?
    Won't you please,
    Won't you please?
    Please won't you be my neighbor?

    You can move here to Austin and I'll be a good neighbor by helping to eat all those yummy foods!

    Looking forward to the recipes and hearing about how your class goes tomorrow.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete