Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 29 I log my food

Everyone still with me after that Cow post?   Good.  I would miss you if you ran away.

Just so you know, I DO know that cheese tastes really really good and to be totally on the up and up I will tell you that I miss it very much.  I am not saying yet what will happen when these 100 vegan days are over because I don't yet know, but it is a bit difficult to imagine my life without any cheese of any kind, despite what I know about it's origins and health problems.

I have received several emails with questions about protein, calcium and calories.  So I'm going to try to track a few days of exactly what I eat and how it stacks up.

I started the day with a 5K jog which took me 60 minutes.  I'm slow.

Then I had Coconut-Pecan-Banana-Whipped Oats:
1/3 cup oats
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup oat milk
dashes of cinnamom, cardamom and sea salt
1 banana
5 toasted pecans
1 T unsweetened coconut flakes

For lunch I had this:

1 gluten-free pita
1/2 cup hummus with za'atar (LOVE that combo!)
Huge pile of water-sauteed Swiss Chard, cherry tomtoes and garlic

If I'm going to eat dessert during the day, I eat it after lunch when there's still a good chance to work it off!

One home-made chocolate brownie ball, one peanut-oat ball & one piece of chocolate-covered orange peel

This is my current most favorite tea with some oat milk.  It's called Pukka Pleasure and has cocoa, licorice, chicory, cinnamon and cardamom.  Yum!

Leftover Veg Soup with Chickpeas and a Soy Chicken Breast thing plus 1 spelt cracker with 1 Tbsp tahina.

Day's Totals:
1536 calories
51 g protein
40 g fiber
532 mg calcium

That puts me right where I want to be on all four counts.
I was in the kitchen today all of 30 minutes tops.


  1. LOL, sounds like someone has a cougar crush! ;)

    That was super nice of your son to go see New Moon with you. He should get lots of brownie points for that!

    I like when you post calorie counts too.

  2. I'm old enough to be a cougar? That's depressing.

    I know you like calorie counts. I hate them though. I almost never count calories anymore. I just eat well and go by my hunger.