Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 52: I Take a Lickin' and Keep on Tickin'

Yesterday was not the best of days.  I had a minor professional disaster.  If you were there you know what I'm talking about.  If you weren't, well, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, sorry.

You know how they say it takes a village to raise a child?  Well, I think it takes a village to raise an adult also and I'm really really thankful for my village!  I've got a whole team to help me up when I'm knocked down. 

So support team and 24 hours later - today was fan-freakin-tastic!  I started with an easy jog and some belly-dancing.  Channeled my inner Shakira on whom I have a major girl crush.  (Should I say that in public?)  Then I made this awesome smoothie which could take the funk out of anyone:

That's an orange, 2 passiflora, a banana, tahina and flax.  Awesomeness.

Then I gave a store tour to some wonderful happy people at the local Health Food Super Store (Eden Teva to the locals).  I had leftover Mexican lasgana with some oven-roasted cherry tomatoes for lunch and then I spent the afternoon with a fun friend and her baby.  Now my son is standing next to me doing this:

It's a proven fact that Depression is not possible in the presence of fine music.

Snack was a Creamy Sesame Vanilla Smoothie - yum!  Water, banana, tahina, dates and vanilla.

Dinner will be a gigantic spinach salad with the works - toasted pecans, sun-dried tomatoes, sunflower seeds, raisins and the delicious Ginger Dressing from Jae Steele's Get It Ripe.

I hope things are good in your corner of the world wherever that may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment