Sunday, March 14, 2010

It's 90 F, sandy, and dry but Spring is Spring!

Spring is Springing!

There are 2 weeks before Passover and like many Jews I'm a busy cleaning bee!  Most of us use the fact that we have to get all the little yeasty crumbs out of our homes, cars, backpacks, purses etc, as a chance to give the whole shebang a deep cleaning.  I'm going room by room, bit by bit, and at this point everything really looks messier than when I started.  But soon things will come together and get put into their proper places and all will be sparkling and fresh.


What do you know?  So too with my bod!  I began my Springtime Cleanse today.  It's like a Detox, but somehow the word Cleanse fits better because of the connection to all that spring cleaning.  I designed a special cleanse this year to take me right through the Spring Equinox on the 21st and right into Passover on the 29th.  It's a gradual cleanse and I'll be blogging about it as I go.  The middle portion of the cleanse will be a few days on the Master Cleanse and a few days of Juice Fasting on either side of that.  But today we just tightening up my already fairly detoxed diet:  No sugar, no coffee, no wheat and no dairy.  Lots of fruits and veggies. 

But just like with my house above, my body and mind are a bit messier at the moment than they were when I started.  I felt foggy and headachey and generally out of sorts.  I know it's all part of the process though.

I've got a Mind and Spirit component to this Spring Cleanse as well.  I spent 11 minutes this morning on Sun Salutations, then spent some time with my journal, my thoughts and my affirmations.


And now, at the end of my Day One, I am washing my feet and then getting into bed with Anna Karenina.

More cleansing details and picture to come.  No more lame blogger!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment